Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quarter Life Crisis Countdown: 25 Things I Wanted to Be When I Grow Up


I'm posting a list of 25 items each day (more like every other day) leading up to my birthday at the end of the month to celebrate 25 years of gathered wisdom and useless information.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Here is a list of 25 things I have offered in response to that question in the last 25 years, in no particular order.

1. Circus performer
2. Travel agent
3. Artist
4. Lawyer
5. Dermatologist
6. Writer
7. Food critic
8. Nanny
10. Actress
11. Event planner
12. Singer
13. Veterinarian
14. Editor
15. DJ/producer
16. Farmer
17. Make-up Artist
18. Stage Manager
19. Music journalist
20. Mother
21. Gallery curator
22. Dancer
23. Psychologist
24. Professor
25. Flight attendant

Oh, and "princess" is one I probably shouldn't disregard.

2 comments:

Jessie May said...

Love this! Isn't it amazing how many things we can imagine ourselves becoming? Often those things change as we grow and develop. I think each of us has potential for success in many different avenues. Choosing which avenue to go down is sometimes the hard part!

Lulu McAllister said...

No doubt, Jessie... So much to do, so little time!