Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Genki!

Today for lunch, my girlfriend and I visited one of our favorite places on Clement Street.

Genki is best known for it's wide selection of sweet and savory crepes (nutella, anyone?), but today I tried their "egg puffs".


Mmm! Puffy.


The egg puffs have the texture of a fortune cookie/overcooked crepe on the outside -- crunchy, crispy-- but then a soft, airy, eggy inside -- like a popover.


Genki has a special mold for their egg puffs, which come in flavors like vanilla (the one I got), chocolate, green tea, honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberry, and more.

Genki also sells smoothies and fresh-squeezed juices (I usually get watermelon) and a whole gamut of interesting Japanese foods (the candies are fun additions to that candy dish). If you're craving something unusual, try this great spot.

No comments: